25hr Yoga Psychology for Mental Health UPPER BROOKFIELD, BRISBANE 2018
Yoga is a State of Mind. Yoga is the science of understanding the mind. Yoga is the practices that lead us to this state. Yoga IS the science of Meditation.
Develop an ancient insight into the understanding of the human mind. Learn the psychological and philosophical frameworks that have shaped the spiritual intelligence of the current day.
Delve into the ancient yogic philosophy and understanding of how the mind works – understanding your own mind fluently and the mind of others.
This course is an insightful and joyous look into a philosophy that has inspired for millennia. It will nurture your creativity and inspire you to bring this insight to your own life and your own therapeutic practice. This is a deep exploration of Eastern Psychology in conjunction with modern yoga therapy for the mind.
What you will learn
- The wisdom of Patanjali’s Yoga sutras to define and understand the mind
- Learn what interrupts our mental clarity and what obstructs our Higher Knowledge.
- Examine the theory and practice of Yoga from the sutras to lead us to a contemplative state
- We will also draw on the wisdom of the Upanishads and Bhagavad Gita.
- We will see how this ancient system of psychology and philosophy supports the current human condition now just as well as it has for thousands of years
Study with the brilliant mind of Leanne Davis, who is the most accomplished professional expert in Yoga Psychology within Australia.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course attracts CPD points with Yoga Australia and other governing bodies. If you complete non-contact requirements, you will be issued with a 25hr certificate. If you only attend the contact hours, you will be issued with a 16hr certificate.
This course is also part of the Meditation Teacher Training, and credits toward the completion of this course.
- The Heart of Yoga by T. K. V. Desikachar
- You will also need a copy of the following invocations (You can download copies of the invocations here):
- Saha na vavatu
- Prayer to Patanjali
- The Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran
- The Upanishads: A Classic of Indian Spirituality by Eknath Easwaran