Students are advised to read our policy and code of conduct prior to committing to payment for the course.
You are required to pay a non-refundable deposit or a full upfront payment for your enrolment to be confirmed. If you choose to pay upfront for a course, the nominated deposit amount (refer to course payment plan option for specific deposit amount) is not refundable under any circumstance.
Acceptance of enrolment and course payments
YIMI reserves the right to refuse your enrolment.
Full course payment is required prior to graduation.
If this balance is not paid on or before the due date we reserve the right to treat your enrolment as cancelled and no monies are refundable.
If you choose a payment plan option, payments are due on a monthly basis. Your enrolment may be cancelled should a payment be late and no monies are refundable.
Cancellation by the student
Should you choose to cancel your enrolment up to one week prior to the start date of a course, or before the course materials have been sent to you, course fees less the non-refundable deposit will be refunded. Payments for and purchases of props and books are not refundable under any circumstance, including if the goods have not yet been delivered.
Refunds do not apply to individual post graduate module bookings or short courses.
We trust it will not be necessary to part company once the course is underway however if a student needs to leave the course in which they are enrolled for any reason, the student will be charged for the days of training already delivered ($250 per day), whether they were in attendance or not, and for any classes which they attended ($12 per hour).
In the case of online learning, the student will be charged for the materials and mentoring sessions (if applicable) already delivered. No refunds will be given after 6 months and access to content may be removed.
In addition, we will retain the deposit to cover our administration and other costs. Additional cancellation fees may apply.
Cancellation by YIMI
We reserve the right to cancel any course at any time.
We may cancel your enrolment for mental and physical health reasons, non-attendance, disruption of others in the course, continuing breaches of our Code of Conduct or for any reason by which we reasonably deem you unfit to remain in the course.
We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred and a cancellation fee and course fees may be retained by us.
If you wish to transfer from one class to another or transfer your hours of study between courses, please notify us by email. This may not be granted and administration fees will apply. If you are aware in advance that you will not be in attendance for certain parts of the course in which you are enrolled, please notify us via email upon enrolment.
If you wish to transfer from one course to another please notify us by email. This may not be granted and an administration fee of $50 will apply.
If you wish to defer your enrolment you may do so up to one week prior to the start date of a course. An administration fee of $50 will apply. Payments for and purchases of props and books are not refundable under any circumstance, including if the goods have not yet been delivered.
Private mentoring sessions are allocated as part of some YIMI distance courses. These must be completed to graduate from your course. Mentoring sessions are scheduled in advance directly between you and your mentor. If you have to cancel or reschedule any previously scheduled mentoring session, you must contact your mentor at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled session. If you miss a mentoring session without the prior notice, you will forfeit your mentoring session. Further mentoring sessions will incur a fee.
All cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance by phone or email.
Class hours are allocated as part of some YIMI Yoga teacher training courses. These must be completed to graduate from your course and can be taken at Celia Roberts Upper Brookfield Retreat, Zama Yoga Toowong or Zama Yoga Toowoomba. If you are unable to attend these studios due to long distance, classes may be undertaken with a long distance senior mentor who is approved by YIMI, prior to your commencement of the course in which you are enrolled. Please contact us to seek approval of your long distance mentor. In some cases we may be able to recommend a long distance mentor if you are unable to find your own. Please note, long distance mentors are for those who live outside the Brisbane/Toowoomba area only.
You must notify us of your class hours location/s via email before undertaking any classes. If you wish to split your hours between locations you must specify the hours you will undertake at each location. If you wish to change your allocation choice at a later date please notify us via email. A $50 administration fee will apply should you change your allocation more than once.
Class Hours can be used for:
- Yoga and meditation classes at Zama Yoga Toowong, Zama Yoga Toowoomba, or Celia Roberts Upper Brookfield Retreat
- Retreats at Celia Robert’s Upper Brookfield Retreat (all retreats to be booked through Celia Roberts Upper Brookfield Retreat)
Class Hours may not be used for:
- YIMI Short courses
- YIMI Teacher Training workshops and courses
- Courses and workshops at Zama Yoga Toowong and Zama Yoga Toowoomba (unless specified)
Age & Health requirements
We are not medical experts. It is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain proper and detailed medical advice at least two months prior to enrolment as to your suitability for it.
We have no liability to you for any cost, loss or damage which you suffer.
Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law we are not liable for any loss, injury or damage which you may suffer (directly or indirectly) in connection with or arising out of your participation in the course.
You release us and our officers, employees, agents and representatives from any liability and expressly waive any claims you may have against us arising out of or in connection with your participation.
Filming and Photography
When you enter a YIMI campus, course, event, or program, you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur.
By entering the premises, you consent to interview(s), photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by YIMI. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar YIMI events in the future, highlight the event and exhibit the capabilities of YIMI. You release YIMI, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings.
By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, web casting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, web casting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by YIMI or the person or entity designated to do so by YIMI.
You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability, and release before entering the event.
Claims & complaints
If you have a complaint about our course please inform your teacher at the time in order that they can attempt to rectify the matter. If satisfaction is not reached through these means then any further complaint should be put in writing to us within 30 days of the end of the date on which the problem arises.
Educational Support and Assessment
Courses will be delivered in workshop and class environments. There is an expectation of home practice and reading to complete each course. You will be offered teaching support during workshop and class hours. Most assessment is to be completed in class. In this environment you have the support of a teacher should you require assistance.
You must attend 80% off all contact hours to pass each course. In addition, you must submit all assessment assigned to you throughout the duration of the course to graduate.
For online courses you must submit all assessments assigned to you throughout the duration of the course to graduate.
All monies must be paid in full prior to graduation.
Code of Conduct
To guarantee each student the best experience possible YIMI asks:
- Please sign in to all workshops and classes.
- Classes begin on time, so arrive before the start time of class. Entry into class is not guaranteed for students who arrive late.
- Please plan to stay for the entire time of each workshop and class. Leaving the room should be strictly limited to urgent matters.
- No pagers or mobile phones in the yoga room.
- Feel free to speak to a teacher during class, but please no social conversations during class.
- Treat others exactly the way you want to be treated. We will not tolerate students that are rude, insulting, or offensive to the staff and fellow students. We reserve the right to ask those behaving in this manner to leave the premises.
- Have a positive attitude, open mind, and have fun!
- We respect your privacy
- Yoga and Integrative Medicine Institute Pty Ltd respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
- Collection of personal information
- Yoga and Integrative Medicine Institute Pty Ltd will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
- How we collect your personal information
- Yoga and Integrative Medicine Institute Pty Ltd collects personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us electronically or in person, when you access our website and when we provide our services to you.
- Use of your personal information
- Yoga and Integrative Medicine Institute Pty Ltd may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- Disclosure of your personal information
- Yoga and Integrative Medicine Institute Pty Ltd may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
- Yoga and Integrative Medicine Institute Pty Ltd may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- Yoga and Integrative Medicine Institute Pty Ltd may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Yoga and Integrative Medicine Institute Pty Ltd, http://yimi.com.au, its customers or third parties.
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
- Security of your personal information
- Yoga and Integrative Medicine Institute Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on, you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
- Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to 166 Pacey Road, Upper-Brookfield, Queensland 4069, Australia. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- When you come to our website (http://yimi.com.au) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
- Third party sites: Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Yoga and Integrative Medicine Institute Pty Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.