YIMI now offers accredited distance learning for our 200 hour and 350 hour Yoga Teacher Training courses.
This course is a Yoga Australia accredited distance Yoga Teacher Training program. Upon completion, you will be a qualified as a Yoga Teacher and able to obtain insurance to teach yoga. You will also qualify to upgrade with our Advanced Diploma in Yoga & Meditation Teacher Training, Meditation, Restorative Yoga, and post -graduate specialties. This course also qualifies you for full Yoga Australia membership.
The course follows an integrative medicinal approach, combining the best of Western Biomedicine with Eastern Yoga philosophy and practice, delivered through home study, home practice, assignments and mentoring.
What you will learn
- Yogic philosophy
- In depth study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Yogic physiology
- Energetic anatomy & metaphysics
- Asana, bandhas & mudras
- Teaching techniques, sequencing & adjustment
- Pranayama, meditation, mantra
- Introduction to Ayurveda
You will be mentored by a qualified and experienced senior teacher for the duration of your training.
- Access to YIMI course manuals and reading material
- Assignments – practical and theoretical
- Home practice
- Regular mentoring sessions with a qualified and experienced senior teacher, via Skype, telephone or other online modalities.
Distance training can be started at anytime. We recommend 12 months to complete the course but this can vary depending on your learning style.
Please follow these 2 steps to enrol in the 200 – 350 hour Distance Yoga Teacher Training course (150 hours)
- Read our policies. YIMI policies are also provided when enrolling.
- Choose upfront payment or a payment plan:
YIMI does not take orders for books or props. Props are available for purchase (subject to availability) from Celia Roberts Upper Brookfield Retreat and Zama Yoga Toowong. Please contact the studio you wish to purchase them from or find an alternative place to purchase.
- 1 yoga mat
- 1 yoga strap
- 1 bolster
- 2 blocks
- 2 blankets
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
- The Heart of Yoga by T. K. V. Desikachar
- The essence of Yoga: Reflections on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Bernard Bouanchaud
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Yoga Body by Judith Hansen Lasater
- Yoga: The Path to Holistic Health by B.K.S Iyengar
- Yoga Sequencing by Mark Stephens
Recommended reading (not required):
- The Language of Yoga by Nicolai Bachman
- The Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda
Students must have a minimum of 200 hours of formal Yoga Teacher Training. If you do not currently have a 200 hour qualification consider our 200 hour or 350 hour Yoga Teacher Training course.
This course is fully accredited with Yoga Australia. Please refer to Yoga Australia membership guidelines. 350 hour graduates are eligible for full membership with Yoga Australia. Both the 200 hour and 350 hour course will have you qualified to obtain insurance to teach yoga.
Upgrading your qualifications
Upon completion of our yoga teacher training courses, you can undertake a range of courses with YIMI to upgrade your qualification.