Yoga Therapy is an emerging field in the health industry and is now recognised as a professional qualification. Yoga Therapy aims to treat patients on all levels, from rehabilitation to maintenance of general health and physical well-being, with the science of yoga.
YIMI offers a one-year Diploma in Yoga Therapeutics (11 modules) and a fully accredited two-year Advanced Diploma in Yoga Therapy (22 modules). These comprehensive courses are designed for you as a dedicated yoga teacher to further your training and equip you with the skills to become the best practitioner you can be.
Each module can also be taken as standalone course though prerequisites may apply.
The modules being studied in 2018:
- Kundalini Yoga Therapeutics
- Tantric Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training
- Yoga Nidra & Mental Health
- Sensory Anatomy – Learning through the body
- Kundalini Yoga Meditation
- Therapeutic Touch
- Clinical Yoga Therapy
- Yoga Psychology for Mental Health
- Restorative Yoga Therapeutics
- Yin Yoga
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga
Participating in these courses will gain you a Diploma in Yoga Therapeutics. Participating in another 11 courses in 2019 will result in an Advanced Diploma in Yoga Therapy and the opportunity to be qualified as a Yoga Therapist through Yoga Australia.
You will also automatically receive certificates for Restorative Yoga Teacher Training, Meditation Teacher Training and for the Post Graduate Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training modules that are included in the course.
Dates and modules for 2019 will be released in 2018.
You can also take parts of the course as modules, including:
Or as individual modules, including:
- Restorative Yoga Therapeutics – March & April 2017
- Yoga Nidra – May 2017
- Ayurvedic Massage & Energetic Anatomy – June & July 2017
- Trauma Release – August 2017
- Meditation for the Brain & Neuroscience – September 2017
- Yoga Psychology & Spiritual Development – October 2017
- Traditional Yoga Therapy – November 2017