Join us for a registered 350 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course and upgrade your teaching qualfication!
Are you are 200 hour yoga teacher wanting to deepen your training and become an even better teacher? YIMI's 200 to 350 hr yoga teacher training program is for you.
Upon completion, you will be a qualified as a 350 hour Yoga Teacher and able to obtain insurance to teach yoga worldwide.
YIMI's courses follow an integrative medicinal approach, combining the best of Western Biomedicine with Eastern Yoga philosophy and practice, delivered through workshops, home practice, classes and assignments.
You will also qualify to continue your studies with post graduate specialities. These courses also enable you to gain full Yoga Australia membership.
what you will learn
- How to teach group classes and structure one on one sessions, adjust for injuries, pregnancy and common conditions
- Experience hatha, yin, kundalini, restorative, vinyasa and Iyengar styles
- Yogic philosophy
- In depth study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Yogic physiology
- Energetic anatomy & metaphysics
- Asana, bandhas & mudras
- Teaching techniques, sequencing & adjustment
- Pranayama, meditation, mantra
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Prenatal Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
Gain teaching experience as part of the course and be ready to teach as soon as you finish.
Take the next step in your yoga teaching career and choose your intake today!
upcoming course intakes
upper brookfield course details 2018
Upgrade from 200 hours to 350 hours. Not yet studied 200 hours? Start here.
- 9 workshops at Upper Brookfield Retreat
- 20 class hours at Celia Roberts Upper Brookfield Retreat, Zama Yoga Toowong or Zama Yoga Toowoomba*
- Home practice, required reading and assignments
upper brookfield schedule 2018
Workshops are scheduled on the following weekends at Upper Brookfield Retreat
- August 4 & 5
- September 1 & 2
- October 6 & 7
- November 3 & 4
- December 1
If you’re struggling to find a course that suits your availability please contact us for other options including mixed intakes. Whilst we recommend committing to one full course intake, we understand that life isn’t always smooth sailing and our dates may not fit into your year, so we will do our best to find you a solution.
your upper brookfield teachers
This course is fully registered with Yoga Australia. Please refer to Yoga Australia membership guidelines. 350 hour graduates are eligible for full membership of Yoga Australia and qualified to obtain insurance to teach yoga.
Upon completion of our 350 hour yoga teacher training course, you can undertake a range of courses with YIMI to upgrade your qualification.
Some yoga experience is required; we highly recommend at least 12 months regular practice, but we do take all cases into consideration. For 350 hours upgrade courses (if not combining with a 200 hr course), a 200 hour yoga teacher training course must be completed or being completed. Contact us if you are unsure, we are always happy to chat.
- The Heart of Yoga by T. K. V. Desikachar
- The essence of Yoga: Reflections on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Bernard Bouanchaud (this book is in and out of print. If you are unable to source this book then Inside The Yoga Sutras – by Reverend Jaganath Carrera is a great alternative)
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Yoga Body by Judith Hansen Lasater
- Yoga: The Path to Holistic Health by B.K.S Iyengar
Recommended reading (not required):
- The Language of Yoga by Nicolai Bachman
- The Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda
- 1 yoga mat
- 1 yoga strap
- 1 bolster
- 2 blocks
- 2 blankets
- 1 yoga chair
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
YIMI does not take orders for books or props. Props are available for purchase (subject to availability) from Celia Roberts Upper Brookfield Retreat and Zama Yoga Toowong. Please contact the studio you wish to purchase them from directly or find an alternative place to purchase.
We have lots of further information on our FAQ’s page such as
- how to find our studios
- where to stay if you need accommodation
- where to park
- what to do if you live too far away to attend our studios for class hours*
- what to do if you know in advance that you cannot attend some teacher training days