This course is a Yoga Australia accredited 350 hour Yoga Teacher Training program. Upon completion, you will be a qualified as a 350 hour Yoga Teacher and able to obtain insurance to teach yoga. You will also qualify to upgrade with our Advanced Diploma in Yoga & Meditation Teacher Training, Meditation, Restorative Yoga, and post -graduate specialties.
This course also qualifies you for full Yoga Australia membership. If you are already a 200 hour yoga teacher, find out about upgrading to 350 hours with our upgrade program here.
The course follows an integrative medicinal approach, combining the best of Western Biomedicine with Eastern Yoga philosophy and practice, delivered through workshops, home practice, classes and assignments.
What you will learn
- History of yoga
- Introduction to Sanskrit
- Yogic philosophy
- In depth study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Yogic physiology
- Anatomy & physiology for yoga
- Energetic anatomy & metaphysics
- Asana, bandhas & mudras
- Teaching techniques, sequencing & adjustment
- Pranayama, meditation, mantra
- Introduction to Ayurveda
Our teaching team is comprised of highly passionate and experienced teachers. Find out more about our teachers here.
Course Details 2018
If you’re struggling to find a course that suits your availability please contact us for other options including mixed intakes. Whilst we recommend committing to one full course intake, we understand that life isn’t always smooth sailing and our dates may not fit into your year, so we will do our best to find you a solution.
We offer upfront options and payment plans for all of our yoga teacher training courses. Enrolments for this course will be opening soon.
- Upfront payment $4990
- Payment plan $250 deposit and $437.50 per month for 12 months (total $5500)
This course is fully accredited with Yoga Australia. Please refer to Yoga Australia membership guidelines. 350 hour graduates are eligible for full membership of Yoga Australia and qualified to obtain insurance to teach yoga.
Upon completion of our 350 hour yoga teacher training course, you can undertake a range of courses with YIMI to upgrade your qualification.
- The Heart of Yoga by T. K. V. Desikachar
- The essence of Yoga: Reflections on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Bernard Bouanchaud (this book is in and out of print. If you are unable to source this book then Inside The Yoga Sutras – by Reverend Jaganath Carrera is a great alternative)
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Yoga Body by Judith Hansen Lasater
- Yoga: The Path to Holistic Health by B.K.S Iyengar
Recommended reading (not required):
- The Language of Yoga by Nicolai Bachman
- The Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda
- 1 yoga mat
- 1 yoga strap
- 1 bolster
- 2 blocks
- 2 blankets
- 1 yoga chair
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
YIMI does not take orders for books or props. Props are available for purchase (subject to availability) from Celia Roberts Upper Brookfield Retreat and Zama Yoga Toowong. Please contact the studio you wish to purchase them from directly or find an alternative place to purchase.
We have lots of further information on our FAQ’s page such as
- how to find our studios
- where to stay if you need accommodation
- where to park
- what to do if you live too far away to attend our studios for class hours*
- what to do if you know in advance that you cannot attend some teacher training days