This course is a Yoga Australia accredited 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training program. Upon completion, you will be a qualified as a 200 hour Yoga Teacher and able to obtain insurance to teach yoga. You will also qualify to upgrade with our 350hr Yoga Teacher Training Upgrade and post -graduate specialties.
The course follows an integrative medicinal approach, combining the best of Western Biomedicine with Eastern Yoga philosophy and practice, delivered through workshops, home practice, classes and assignments.
what you will learn
- History of yoga
- Introduction to Sanskrit
- Yogic philosophy
- Anatomy & physiology for yoga
- Energetic anatomy & metaphysics
- Asana, bandhas & mudras
- Teaching techniques, sequencing & adjustment
- Pranayama, meditation, mantra
Our teaching team are highly qualified and experienced within their fields. You will be taught by:
- Celia Roberts
- Other Guest Teachers TBC
course details 2018
- 12 Workshops at Celia Robert’s Upper Brookfield Retreat.
- 30 class hours at Celia Roberts Upper Brookfield Retreat, Zama Yoga Toowong or Zama Yoga Toowoomba*
- Home practice, required reading, and assignments
Workshops are scheduled from 8am – 5pm on the following weekends at Upper Brookfield Retreat
- February 3 & 4
- March 3 & 4
- April 14 & 15
- May 5 & 6
- June 2 & 3
- June 30 & July 1
- July 7th (please keep this date free in case a make up date is needed)
If you’re struggling to find a course that suits your availability please contact us for other options including mixed intakes. Whilst we recommend committing to one full course intake, we understand that life isn’t always smooth sailing and our dates may not fit into your year, so we will do our best to find you a solution.
We offer upfront options and payment plans for all of our yoga teacher training courses. Click on the payment option of your choice to be taken directly to the YIMI Membership Checkout page. From here you will see your chosen course in the cart, along with our policies, and you can proceed to checkout via PayPal.
This course is fully accredited with Yoga Australia. Please refer to Yoga Australia membership guidelines. 200 hour course graduates must upgrade to 350 hours of training to become a full member of Yoga Australia. Graduates of the 200 hour course are still qualified to obtain insurance to teach yoga.
Upon completion of our 200 hour yoga teacher training course, you can undertake a range of courses with YIMI to upgrade your qualification.
Enrolling in a course is easy. Simply follow these steps and you’ll be on your way in no time!
- The Heart of Yoga by T. K. V. Desikachar
Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
Recommended reading (not required):
Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda
- Yoga: The Path to Holistic Health by B.K.S Iyengar
- The Language of Yoga by Nicolai Bachman
- 1 yoga mat
- 1 yoga strap
- 1 bolster
- 2 blocks
- 2 blankets
- 1 yoga chair
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
YIMI does not take orders for books or props. Props are available for purchase (subject to availability) from Celia Roberts Upper Brookfield Retreat and Zama Yoga Toowong. Please contact the studio you wish to purchase them from directly or find an alternative place to purchase.
We have lots of further information on our FAQ’s page such as
- how to find our studios
- where to stay if you need accommodation
- where to park
- what to do if you live too far away to attend our studios for class hours*
- what to do if you know in advance that you cannot attend some teacher training days