Meditation is the most rewarding and life changing practice. For many who study and practice the art of meditation it becomes a daily practice that nurtures them throughout their whole lives. Meditation offers benefits of mind shaped on the values of compassion, mindfulness and contentment. It cultivates unshakable inner peace.
People who suffer with stress, anxiety, pain, depression and ill health find powerful relief through meditation. The inflammatory response is reduced, the immune response is heightened, and mindfulness meditation is closely on par with antidepressants for preventing major relapse of depression.
Reputable studies also report major epigenetic changes in just 8 hours of meditation per day. This has huge public health implications for us all and the next generation. It also reduces the aging stress on the body, by lengthening the telomeres – the ends of chromosomes. This begins to reverse the aging process on a cellular level.
Whether you do this course for yourself or to teach others, it is a highly valuable practice to live by and share with others. Meditation is the innovative lifestyle medicine of the 21st century.
Meditation Teacher Training in 2017/18
We are excited to announce we will be offering a new Meditation Teacher Training in 2017. This comprehensive course will be made up of a mix of contact and non-contact hours. Your contact hours are three specialist modules at our beautiful Upper Brookfield Retreat. For the non-contact portion of the course, you are provided with further course materials; Guided meditation audios and a comprehensive course manual. Some modules require specific texts too. Your home practice and practicum hours complete the requirements of the full course.
Individual modules can also be taken as standalone courses (*contact hours only – see accreditation below).
Course Details 2017/18
- 3 modules at Upper Brookfield retreat
- Comprehensive course manual plus assignments
- Guided meditation audio’s for home practice
- Required reading
- 12 practicum hours
Our teaching team are highly qualified and experienced within their fields. Our 2018 teaching team will be confirmed very soon 🙂
The Meditation Teacher Training 2018 schedule is coming soon.
There are no prerequisites for this course though a regular meditation practice is encouraged.
*If you choose to register for membership with Meditation Australia you will need to demonstrate a commitment to a personal mediation practice for at least two years prior to making your application for membership.
Enrolments opening soon.
This course meets the accreditation requirements of Meditation Australia, offering a pathway towards Senior Membership, and upon completion students can register for membership.
If you choose to register for membership with Meditation Australia you will need to demonstrate a commitment to a personal mediation practice for at least two years prior to making your application for membership.
Graduates of this full Meditation Teacher Training course can enjoy:
- A streamlined membership approval by virtue of completing a recognised course
- A simplified MA application form
- Reduced joining fee from $90 to $45
- Provision of an optional pathway to access discounted public and professional indemnity insurance through Arthur J Gallagher
*Modules taken as stand-alone courses do not qualify for Meditation Australia accreditation. The YIMI Meditation Teacher Training course includes substantial non-contact material which is essential for Meditation Australia accreditation. Students wishing to gain membership with Meditation Australia are encouraged to enrol in the full Meditation Teacher Training.
This course also attracts CPD points with Yoga Australia and other governing bodies.
Upon completion of this course, you can undertake a range of courses with YIMI to upgrade your qualification.
Enrolments for this course are opening soon.
- Yoga Nidra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Brains Way of Healing by Norman Doidge
- A copy of The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali is required. Here are some recommended options:
- The essence of Yoga: Reflections on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Bernard Bouanchaud (recommended)
- The Heart of Yoga by T. K. V. Desikachar
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
- yoga mat
We have lots of further information on our FAQ’s page such as
- how to find our studios
- where to stay if you need accommodation
- where to park
- what to do if you live too far away to attend our studios for class hours*
- what to do if you know in advance that you cannot attend some teacher training days