Meditation is the most rewarding and life changing practice. For many who study and practice the art of meditation it becomes a daily practice that nurtures them throughout their whole lives. Meditation offers benefits of mind shaped on the values of compassion, mindfulness and contentment. It cultivates unshakable inner peace.
People who suffer with stress, anxiety, pain, depression and ill health find powerful relief through meditation. The inflammatory response is reduced, the immune response is heightened, and mindfulness meditation is closely on par with antidepressants for preventing major relapse of depression.
Reputable studies also report major epigenetic changes in just 8 hours of meditation per day. This has huge public health implications for us all and the next generation. It also reduces the aging stress on the body, by lengthening the telomeres – the ends of chromosomes. This begins to reverse the aging process on a cellular level.
Whether you do this course for yourself or to teach others, it is a highly valuable practice to live by and share with others. Meditation is the innovative lifestyle medicine of the 21st century.
Meditation Teacher Training in 2018
We are excited to announce we will be offering a new Meditation Teacher Training in 2018. This comprehensive course will be made up of a mix of contact and non-contact hours. Your contact hours are three specialist modules at our beautiful Upper Brookfield Retreat. For the non-contact portion of the course, you are provided with further course materials; Guided meditation audios and a comprehensive course manual. Some modules require specific texts too. Your home practice and practicum hours complete the requirements of the full course.
Individual modules can also be taken as standalone courses but qualify for contact hours only and not the full Meditation Teacher Training – see accreditation below.
Course Details 2018
- 3 modules at Upper Brookfield retreat
- Comprehensive course manual plus assignments
- Guided meditation audio’s for home practice
- Required reading
- 12 practicum hours
The Meditation Teacher Training 2018 is scheduled from 8am – 4:30pm on the following days:
- Tantric Yoga with Swami Muktibodhananda – Friday 30th March & Saturday 31st March 2018 (Easter Holidays)
- Yoga Nidra & Mental Health with Swami Muktibodhananda – Sunday 1st April & Monday 2nd April 2018 (Easter Holidays)
- Kundalini Yoga Meditation with Samantha Lindsay-German – Saturday 16th June & Sunday 17th June 2018
- Yoga Psychology for Mental Health with Leanne Davis – Saturday 18th August & Sunday 19th August 2018
There are no prerequisites for this course though a regular meditation practice is encouraged.
*If you choose to register for membership with Meditation Australia you will need to demonstrate a commitment to a personal mediation practice for at least two years prior to making your application for membership.
We offer upfront options and payment plans. To enrol, simply click on the payment option of your choice to be taken directly to the YIMI online store. From here you will see your chosen course in the cart, along with our policies, and you can proceed to checkout.
This course meets the accreditation requirements of Meditation Australia, offering a pathway towards Senior Membership, and upon completion students can register for membership.
If you choose to register for membership with Meditation Australia you will need to demonstrate a commitment to a personal mediation practice for at least two years prior to making your application for membership.
Graduates of this full Meditation Teacher Training course can enjoy:
- A streamlined membership approval by virtue of completing a recognised course
- A simplified MA application form
- Reduced joining fee from $90 to $45
- Provision of an optional pathway to access discounted public and professional indemnity insurance through Arthur J Gallagher
*Modules taken as stand-alone courses do not qualify for Meditation Australia accreditation. The YIMI Meditation Teacher Training course includes substantial non-contact material which is essential for Meditation Australia accreditation. Students wishing to gain membership with Meditation Australia are encouraged to enrol in the full Meditation Teacher Training.
This course also attracts CPD points with Yoga Australia and other governing bodies.
Upon completion of this course, you can undertake a range of courses with YIMI to upgrade your qualification.
Enrolling in a course is easy. Simply follow these steps and you’ll be on your way in no time!
- Yoga Nidra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Brains Way of Healing by Norman Doidge
- A copy of The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali is required. Here are some recommended options:
- The essence of Yoga: Reflections on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Bernard Bouanchaud (recommended)
- The Heart of Yoga by T. K. V. Desikachar
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
- yoga mat
We have lots of further information on our FAQ’s page such as
- how to find our studios
- where to stay if you need accommodation
- where to park
- what to do if you live too far away to attend our studios for class hours*
- what to do if you know in advance that you cannot attend some teacher training days