First Aid training is an essential component for yoga teachers in Australia and a mandatory requirement for membership to Yoga Australia. This course is conducted by First Aid Alive (FAA); a Registered Training Organisation specialising in First Aid/CPR/Advanced Resuscitation and Defibrillation.
In accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Council’s new and revised resuscitation guidelines First Aid Alive has embraced new procedures and has introduced updated teaching materials.
Professional development is an integral element of training, allowing both facilitators and participants to be up to date with the latest ideas and procedures in the industry. Recently, First Aid Alive delegates attended the European Resuscitation Council in Norway and the Australian Resuscitation Council, Queensland Conference, reviewing scientific evidence for new procedures and the reason for change.
This YIMI First Aid course is appropriate for:
- Yoga Teachers who are required to complete an accredited First Aid course.
- Yoga Teachers who are required to re-new their current accreditation (must have current Apply First Aid, Senior First Aid certificate or a certificate that is less than 12 months expired. The certificate must be sighted by the instructor).
- Yoga Teachers who require completion of the annual CPR component.
What you will learn
- First Aid: The theoretical knowledge and practical application to competently administer emergency first aid, as well as the treatment of other illnesses and injuries in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
- CPR: An understanding of the fundamental principles and practical knowledge that can be applied to save and preserve life in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
Your full First Aid certificate is valid for 3 years, however as a requirement of the Yoga/Fitness Industry standards, you need to review the CPR module every 12 months. You will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.